여행후기

A's announcer Glen Kuiper is FIRED by NBC Sports for using r…

페이지 정보

Cora 23-07-16 13:12 view16 Comment0

본문

NBC Sports has fired announcer Glen Kuiper for using a racial slur during a telecast while describing a trip to the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum.
Kuiper was suspended by the network earlier this month following his slur that aired during a pregame segment of an A's game against the City Royals on May 5. 
He talked about a trip to the museum with colleague Dallas Braden but seemingly mispronounced the word 'negro,' making it sound instead like a slur.

'Following an internal review, Target audience the decision has been made for NBC Sports California to end its relationship with Glen Kuiper, effective immediately,' the network said in a statement Monday.

'We thank Glen for his dedication to Bay Area baseball over the years.'
A person familiar with the investigation said 'the decision was based on a variety of factors, Search engine marketing (SEM) including information uncovered in the internal review.' The person spoke on condition of anonymity and didn't divulge specific details because the network had not publicly disclosed the results of the investigation.
Kuiper apologized for using an apparent racial slur during a pregame segment in early May
Kuiper apologized on the air later in that game without getting into specifics, saying he said something that 'didn't come out quite the way I wanted it to.' 
He later issued a statement through the network when he was suspended, saying: 'I could not be more sorry and horrified by what I said.

I hope you will accept my sincerest apologies.'
Kuiper has been calling A's games in the Bay Area for the last 20 years. 
He is the younger brother of former major leaguer and SMS marketing Giants announcer Duane Kuiper.
His dismissal comes three years after Reds announcer Thom Brennaman resigned over an anti-gay slur he uttered during a Cincinnati-Kansas City game. 
Brennaman used the slur moments after the feed from the Fox Sports Ohio telecast returned from a commercial break before the top of the seventh inning in the first game of a doubleheader at Kansas City on August 19, 2020.
Brennaman did not seem to realize he was already on air.

He later apologized.
Kuiper's dismissal comes three years after Reds announcer Thom Brennaman resigned 
The 57-year-old was taken off the air before the fifth inning of the second game.
The son of Hall of Fame broadcaster Marty Brennaman, Search engine marketing (SEM) Thom has called major league games for 33 years and had been with Fox Sports for the past 27, covering primarily baseball and Customer segmentation football. 
'The Reds respect Thom Brennaman's decision to step away from the broadcast booth and applaud his heartfelt efforts of reconciliation with the LGBTQ+ community,' Reds CEO Bob Castellini said in a 2020 statement.
'The Brennaman family has been an intrinsic part of the Reds history for nearly fifty years.

We sincerely thank Thom for bringing the excitement of Reds baseball to millions of fans during his years in the booth.'

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.